Islamic knowledge in the light of Quran and Sunnah.Daily Hadith. Islamic question answer, Quran Tafseer, Dua, Ramadan reminders, Salah times, Hajj and Zakat Post. Frequently asked Islamic question answer, five pillars of islam and Fatawa from Manhaz Us Salaf.

Story of PROPHET: ABRAHAM - IBRAHIM (عليه السلام) Part 5 Chapter 6

Story of PROPHET: ABRAHAM - IBRAHIM (عليه السلام) Part 5 Chapter 6

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

الإمام ابن كثير ‎ - قصص الأنبياء

PROPHET: ABRAHAM - IBRAHIM (عليه السلام)

PART: 5 (Chapter – 6)

THE STAR, THE MOON, THE SUN – CELESTIAL BODIES!

“Thus We did show Abraham the dominion of the heavens and the earth, that he would be certain in his Faith. When the night outspread over him, he saw a star, and said: ‘This is my Lord’. But when it set, he said: ‘I do not love the one which set.’ When he saw the moon shining full, he said: ‘This is my Lord.’ But when the moon set, he said: ‘Unless my Lord guides me, I shall be among those who go astray.’ When he saw the sun rise, he said: ‘This is my Lord, this is greater.’ But when the sub set, he said: ‘O my people! Surely, I am free of that which you associate with God.’” (6:75-78)

THE ARGUMENTATION BETWEEN ABRAHAM AND HIS PEOPLE

He showed them [and through them to all mankind], that those celestial bodies which they observe, whether during the day or night, are not fit to be God or Divine. They do not deserve to be worshiped besides Allah, because they are only creatures that are cared for, directed and controlled. They rise and they set and disappear. While Allah is the Almighty, nothing could disappear nor can hide from Him. He is Everlasting and Eternal, and there is no God or Lord (worthy of worship) besides Him.

First, he explained to them that stars are not fit for this status (of being worshiped). Then, he moved to the moon that is brighter and more beautiful than the stars. Thereafter, he moved to the sun that is the brightest and most beautiful of the celestial bodies and explained that even it was subjected and controlled. Allah says: “And of His signs are the night and the day, and the sun and the moon, prostrate not to the sun and the moon, but prostrate yourselves to Allah, Who created them, if it is He that you worship.”

إِنِّي وَجَّهْتُ وَجْهِيَ لِلَّذِي فَطَرَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضَ حَنِيفًا وَمَا أَنَا مِنَ الْمُشْرِكِينَ

That is why Allah said: “When he saw the sun rise (the word ‘Bazighatan’ denotes here to rise) he said: ‘This is my Lord, this is greater.’ But when the sun set, he said: ‘O my people! Surely, I am free of that which you associate (with Allah). 

I have turned my face sincerely to Allah, the One Who created the heavens and the earth, I shall not be of those who associate partners (with Allah).’ His people argued with him.

He said: ‘Do you dispute with me with regard to Allah, when He has guided me? I fear not that which you associate with Him, unless my Lord wills otherwise.’” (6:78-80). 

He said that I do not care about these gods which you worship besides Allah, because they cannot benefit or harm anyone, nor can they hear or understand anything. They are creatures of Allah, subjected to Him, like the stars; or they are manufactured, hewed out of stones or carved out of woods.

اَللّٰهُ أَعْلَم

To be Continued…

ان شاء الله ﺗﻌﺎﻟﯽٰ

#Prophet  #IBRAHIM #Story

Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Islamic Post

Translate

Recent Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *