Islamic knowledge in the light of Quran and Sunnah.Daily Hadith. Islamic question answer, Quran Tafseer, Dua, Ramadan reminders, Salah times, Hajj and Zakat Post. Frequently asked Islamic question answer, five pillars of islam and Fatawa from Manhaz Us Salaf.

Story of PROPHET: ABRAHAM - IBRAHIM (عليه السلام) Part 4 Chapter 6

Story of PROPHET: ABRAHAM - IBRAHIM (عليه السلام) Part 4 Chapter 6

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

الإمام ابن كثير ‎ - قصص الأنبياء

PROPHET: ABRAHAM - IBRAHIM (عليه السلام)

PART: 4 (Chapter – 6)

When Abraham offered his father the Divine guidance and sincere advice, he rejected them, and threatened to stone him if he did not cease from it. “O Abraham? Surely, if you do not relent, I shall stone you and now leave me alone for a good long time.” (19:46) Abraham replied to him: “Peace be upon you.” He said to his father: No harm will reach you from my side, nor would you face any insult. You are safe as far as I am concerned. Instead, you would see good from me: “I will pray to my Lord to forgive you; indeed, He is to me the Most Gracious.” (19:47)

Ibn Abbas said: The word Hafiyya in the Verse means kind and gentle, which meant Allah was Kind to me in granting me His guidance to worship Him and to worship Him in proper way, and so he said: “I am leaving you and those whom you invoke besides Allah. I will invoke my Lord, that I may be blessed in my invocation.”

And indeed Abraham sought forgiveness from Allah for his father, as he promised to him. However, when it became clear to him that he was an enemy to Allah, he dissociated himself from him as the Qur’an said: “And Abraham’s act of seeking forgiveness for his father was only because of a promise he had made to him. But when it became clear to him that he was an enemy to Allah, he dissociated himself from him. Surely, Abraham was most tender-hearted, forbearing.”

It is narrated from Abu Hurairah who reported from the Prophet ﷺ saying: “Abraham will meet his father Azar on the Day of Judgement and he will se his face miserable and full of dust. Abraham would say to him: ‘Did I not tell you that you should not disobey me?’ His father would reply to him: ‘Today I shall not disobey you.’ Abraham would answer to him: ‘O Lord! You promised me that You shall not disgrace me on the Day of Judgement. So today there is no disgrace greater than the disgrace of my father being away from me.’ Allah would say then: ‘I have made the Paradise forbidden for the disbelievers.’ Then it would be said: ‘O Abraham! What is under your feet? Then, he will look, only to find a stained sacrifice (Dhikh- A hyena). It will be taken by its legs and thrown in the Hell-fire.” 

(Al-Bukhari 3350) 

[His father shall be transformed into a Hyena and thrown in the Hell-Fire]

“And when Abraham said to his father Aazar: Do you take idols for gods? Indeed, I see you and your people in manifest error.”

This Verse shows that the name of the father of Abraham was Aazar. However, the majority of genealogists, including Ibn Abbas, say that his name was Terah, while Ahlul-Kitaab (People of the Book) also say Terah. So, it is suggested that Aazar was the name of the idol his father worshiped and he was nicknamed after it.

Ibn Jarir says: The correct opinion is that his name was Aazar and perhaps he had two names. Or one of them is his name and the other is his nickname.

اَللّٰهُ أَعْلَم

To be Continued…

ان شاء الله ﺗﻌﺎﻟﯽٰ

#Prophet  #IBRAHIM #Story

Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Islamic Post

Translate

Recent Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *