Islamic knowledge in the light of Quran and Sunnah.Daily Hadith. Islamic question answer, Quran Tafseer, Dua, Ramadan reminders, Salah times, Hajj and Zakat Post. Frequently asked Islamic question answer, five pillars of islam and Fatawa from Manhaz Us Salaf.

Biography of the UMM HARAM BINT MILHAN (رضي الله عنها), THE MARTYR

UMM HARAM BINT MILHAN (رضي الله عنها), THE MARTYR 

She is Umm Haram bint Milhan bin Khalid bin Zayd bin Haram, the sister of Umm Sulaym and the maternal aunt of Anas bin Malik.
She is the wife of 'Ubadah bin as-Samit. 

She is from the noble Companions.
Those who narrated from her include Anas bin Malik and others. 

Anas bin Malik said: 

دَخَلَ النَّبيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم عَلَيْنَا وَمَا هُوَ إِلا أَنَا وَأُمِّي وَأُمُّ حَرَامٍ عَالَتِي فَقَالَ قُومُوا فَلأُصَلِّي بِكُمْ فِي غَيْرِ وَقْتِ صَلَاةٍ . 

The Prophet ﷺ visited us and it was only me, my mother, and Umm Haram, my aunt.
He said, "Stand so I may lead you in prayer."
This was not at the time of a prescribed prayer. 

Umm Haram is Promised Martyrdom:
Anas bin Malik said, "Whenever the Messenger of Allah ﷺ went to Quba', he used to visit Umm Haram bint Milhan, who would offer him meals and she was the wife of 'Ubadah bin aş-Şamit.

One day, he went to her house and she offered him a meal, and after that he slept, and then he woke up smiling.
She (Umm Haram) said, 'I asked him, "What makes you smile, O Messenger of Allah?"
He said, "Some people of my ummah were displayed before me as warriors fighting for Allah's cause and sailing over this sea, like kings on thrones."
I (Umm Haram) said, "O Messenger of Allah!
Invoke Allah that He may make me one of them."
He invoked Allah for me and then lay his head down and slept again, and then he woke up smiling.
I asked, "What makes you smile, O Messenger of Allah?"
He said, "Some people of my followers were displayed before me as warriors fighting for Allah's cause and sailing over this sea, like kings on thrones."
I (Umm Haram) said, "O Messenger of Allah!
Invoke Allah that He may make me one of them."
He said, "You will be among the first ones."
Umm Haram and her husband 'Ubadah bin as-Samit participated in a battle on the sea.
Upon their return, her donkey was brought to her to ride.
The donkey knocked her down, breaking her neck, and she died. 

This was known as the Battle of Cyprus during 'Uthman's caliphate. 

Her ahadith have been collected in Al-Bukhari and Muslim. 

The Europeans visit her grave site.
( This place is known as Hala Sultan Tekke. The people of innovation have made this site into a shrine.) 

End...
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Islamic Post

Translate

Recent Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *