Islamic knowledge in the light of Quran and Sunnah.Daily Hadith. Islamic question answer, Quran Tafseer, Dua, Ramadan reminders, Salah times, Hajj and Zakat Post. Frequently asked Islamic question answer, five pillars of islam and Fatawa from Manhaz Us Salaf.

What is the Punishment for Breaking the Fast in Ramadān without Valid Reason

Punishment for Breaking the Fast in Ramadān without Valid Reason

Abu Umaamah al-Baahili (رضي الله عنه) said: I heard the Messenger of ALLĀH (ﷺ) say:

“Whilst I was sleeping, two men came to me and took hold of my upper arm, and brought me to a rugged mountain.

They said: ‘Climb up.’

I said: ‘I cannot do it.’

They said: ‘We will make it easy for you.’

So I climbed up until I was at the top of the mountain. There I heard loud voices. I said: ‘What are these voices?’

They said: ‘This is the screaming of the people of Hell.’

Then I was taken and I saw people suspended by their ankles, with the corners of their mouths torn and pouring with blood. I said: ‘Who are these?’

They said: ‘These are the people who used to break their fast before it was time to do so.’”

[Ibn Khuzaymah, 1986 and Ibn Hibbaan, 7491]

Sheikh al-Albaani (رحمه الله) said, commenting on this report: I say, this is the punishment of those who fasted then broke the fast deliberately before the time for breaking the fast had come. So how about those who did not fast in the first place?! We ask Allāh to keep us safe and sound and grant us well-being in this world and the hereafter. 

[Sahīh Mawaarid ad-Dam’aan, 1509]

#Ramadan #QA #Fasting

Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Islamic Post

Translate

Recent Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *